We are highly experienced in managing construction, alteration and refurbishment projects in buildings whether occupied or not.
We can act as lead consultants overseeing other professionals including Architects, Structural and Services Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and Interior Designers.
The role of a Contract Administrator includes:
- Preparing specifications and drawings.
- If required, application for any necessary consents, e.g. planning/building control approvals.
- Overseeing the tendering process.
- Preparing contract documents.
- Monitoring and overseeing work on site.
- Managing any on site complications and variations.
- Preparing valuations and payment certificates.
- At Practical Completion, managing the snagging process to ensure the project is finished to the required standard.
- Negotiating with the contractor to agree the final account.
Through our experience, we will add value from the outset; advising on design, preparing detailed technical specifications for pricing and managing the procurement process. Once the contract is in place, we will monitor the works against the project plan and budgets, ensuring quality of work and deadlines are met.
Employing professional services in this area is especially valuable in relation to unexpected or additional works. Ensuring that contingencies are planned and that any additional works are secured at a competitive rate will give a project greater efficiency.